Estimator - Manager
This is a key role within the management team, we are looking for a professional individual who will contribute to the development of the Company. The post holder will need to provide expertise in measuring and providing quotes for Blinds, Shutters and Garage doors. A working knowledge of face to face contact with customers and contractors is essential. A high level of communication is required to liaise with client’s expectations and acceptance of quotes. Strong attention to detail focusing on maximising profits and self-motivation positive attitude required.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent verbal/written communication skills, be commercially aware to understand drawings, tenders and specification requirements. A calm and logical approach to working under pressure with multiple jobs at any one time. An awareness of Health and Safety regulations and requirements required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To make appointments and carry out initial site visits/meetings with Customers and Contractors
- Prepare estimates by calculating prices and products
- Organise fixing dates for fitters to work to
- Cost Invoices and send out in a timely manner
- Establish and deliver an effective process for ensuring all quotes are prepared and submitted to Clients/Contractors efficiently. Ensuring an Audit trail is visible.
- Liaise with Suppliers to achieve best pricing for materials and place orders as required
- Follow up quotes to completion and evaluate failed orders
- Prepare and organise H&S correspondence before fitters attend site
- Provide O&M manual information on equipment to contractors
- Split costs for Labour/Materials for CIS invoices
- Initiate renewals of Utilities
- Line Manage one member of staff
- Support Company and flag up fluctuations in Finances/Cash Flow
- 1 years’ experience of working in an estimating/quote industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook applications
- Proven ability in building works/DIY projects
- Health & Safety qualification and advantageous
- Send a covering letter stateing how you would fit in with this pivitol opportunity in our Company.