ICT Apprenticeship (Level 2 IT Software Web and Telecoms Professional)
We are seeking a dynamic person with a positive attitude to join our very busy support team in our Hastings based office. This apprenticeship role could turn into a full-time position at the end of your apprenticeship
DWD Telecoms specialise in the supply and installation of the latest telecoms systems for business with a particular focus on IP Technology.
With the crossover of Telecoms IP Technology and IT the requirement for support staff with an IT background has never been greater.
The successful applicant will become part of our hands-on team dealing with the programming of various telephone systems from major brands such as Panasonic, Polycom, Yealink and more.
We are looking to provide specialist training to the right individual.
You will also be required to:
- Assist with the day to day connection and provisioning of landlines, broadbands, number porting and relevant fault finding on day to day issues in these areas
- As part of a small team, the applicant would also be required to carry out and trained on some general administrative duties
- DWD Telecoms also provide IT support to smaller businesses – you will be involved and trained in the day to day requirements of this part of our business.
The ability to drive would be advantageous.
- Basic IT background/qualification
- Ability to organise themselves
- Excellent communication skills
- Mature attitude
- Desire to learn
GCSE A-C or equivalent desirable.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full time position could be possible.
Things to consider
Working week 9am – 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch.
Monday to Friday some out of hours work may be required (will be paid). This can include evenings and weekends.