Volunteer Donated Goods Assistant
Have you found a brilliant bargain in one of our Martlets shops? A tempting treasure, some fabulous fashion or a rocking record? At our distribution centre in Hove, we take preloved items and get them ready to find a brand-new home! We urgently need volunteers to join our friendly distribution team to help us sort, clean and price goods generously donated by the local community.
If you can spare a few hours a week to help a fantastic charity, we would love to hear from you!
Where: Martlets Warehouse, Sussex House Business Park, 270 Old Shoreham Road, Hove BN3 7DX
When: A weekly, 4-hour shift - Monday to Saturday
What you’ll be doing:
- Lifting and sorting bags of preloved donations
- Checking donated items for damage and condition
- Assessing items for suitability of sale and identifying valuable or vintage finds
What’s in it for you:
- An opportunity to be part of a fun and friendly team of staff and volunteers
- To develop skills and knowledge within a retail distribution setting
- To help a wonderful local charity raise funds to continue providing our life-changing Hospice care.
- Reasonable travel expenses to help you access volunteering
Your skills and abilities
- Be flexible, adaptable and willing to work on your own or as part of a team
- Be reliable and a good timekeeper
- A willingness to learn and get ‘stuck in’
- No experience necessary as full training will be provided!
- Please note this role will involve standing and lifting bags