Tax Manager - B&CE
Do you have experience in working on a range of taxes including knowledge of UK corporate taxes and VAT? Do you enjoy building good business partnering relationships with other departments providing tax technical support? If yes, then read on for more information about our brand-new role Tax Manager…
We’re looking for a Tax Manager to be responsible for all tax compliance, reporting and advisory matters as well as tax planning and ad hoc tax projects. You’ll be responsible for the preparation of Group financial year-end tax numbers, together with statutory accounts disclosures and the submission of Group tax returns in a timely and efficient manner. In addition, the role is also responsible for the compliance, processing and reporting of the pensions Relief at Source tax, VAT and other taxes, such as employment related tax.
- Oversight and management of all Group taxes to ensure tax compliance with HMRC obligations, tax planning and tax accounting.
- Manage third party relationships with auditors, external tax advisors and HMRC in relation to any tax matters.
- Act as key contact with HMRC for dealing with all correspondence, information requests and inspections.
- Maintain an appropriate tax strategy.
- Monitor and manage all tax legislative developments ensuring the business is fully briefed
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to increase the efficiency and accuracy of tax reporting.
- Build good business partnering relationships with other departments to ensure tax technical support is provided.
- Preparation, reconciliation and review of tax schedules, calculations and disclosure notes in UK statutory accounts under Financial Reporting Standards ensuring audit sign off and appropriate records are collated and maintained to support the tax provisions.
- Manage the UK corporation tax return completion process for the B&CE Group via planning, preparation, review and timely submission using tax software (Iris) ensuring the process is operating efficiently and within deadlines (including CT600s).
- Preparation of Group corporate tax budget and forecasts.
- Ensure B&CE complies with all employment related taxes.
Right for this role?
- Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) with both strong accounting and tax skills
- Experience of preparing, finalising and submitting corporate tax returns and tax reporting including familiarity with preparing corporate and deferred tax disclosures in accordance with FRS
- Experience of dealing with HMRC and resolving tax enquiries and information requests
- Experience in working on a range of taxes including detailed knowledge of UK corporate taxes and VAT
- Ability to business partner with a wide range of stakeholders internally or externally
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer, and a subsidised onsite restaurant. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career via our website.