Private Client Legal Secretary
Job title: Legal Secretary - Private Client
Salary: £19,000 - £23,000 per annum
Search Consultancy is currently working on behalf of a Legal 500 law firm based within Bristol that are looking to acquire a Legal Secretary, to be grounded within the contentious probate team based within the private client department. This role will predominantly require PA/Secretarial support to fee earners.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Diary management
- Arranging and booking appointments
- Preparing witness statements
- Liaising with clients/intermediaries
- Audio and copy typing
- Drafting instructions to counsel
- Support other secretaries and support teams when needed
- Taking minutes in meetings if required
- Production of billing guides and billing report printouts
- Opening new files, ensuring files Lexcel compliant
- Assisting with money laundering procedures to make sure client ID correctly established
- Preparing court documents preparing bundles for court and counsel
- Arrange travel and accommodation
- Support production of full agenda for meetings
- Preparing draft letters to clients
- Archiving files
Skills and Experience:
- Recent Legal Secretarial experience, with the ability to provide PA style support to a team of fee earners, from trainee solicitor to partner level.
- Excellent typing skills are essential.
- Previous experience within litigation and familiarity with the Private Client sector would be advantageous.
- Able to prioritise a busy work load.
- Experience in PowerPoint, Excel, Bighand (dictation/transcription system) & Galaxy (accounting system) - although training will be provided.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.