Pig Unit Assistant/General Farm Worker
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Pig Unit Assistant / General Farm Worker to form an integral part of our growing team at Plumpton College.
The farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. The Assistant is primarily required to deliver the highest standard of pig operations on our 120 Sow indoor unit when covering for the Pig unit manager and during peak workload periods. They will also providing support to the other livestock and arable enterprises as and when necessary. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to learn a great deal from all different enterprises within the agricultural sector.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced to carry out all tasks associated with a high performing Pig herd.
- Be able to carry out machinery operations.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have the interest and ability to ensure the livestock enterprises performs to the highest level.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving license and associated industry qualifications.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free on-site parking. Accommodation is also provided for this role. This is a full time, permanent, shift based role in which you would work 12 days on and 2 days off.
At Plumpton College we are Ambitious & Progressive, Enterprising, Professional, Supportive and Passionate about everything we do – if you share these values and would like to be part of our growing team then we’d like to hear from you.
To apply please click "apply now" and complete an application form.
Closing date for applications: 22nd March 2019
Interviews will be held: w/c 25th March 2019