Apprentice Insurance Clerk (Business Administration)
The purpose of the role is to create insurance solutions which provide people with the confidence to achieve their dreams.
The majority of the duties will be office based, but as you grow in confidence and ability we’ll let you out to see clients, visit Lloyds of London and our Underwriters. Previous apprentices have represented the company at the prestigious Insurance Times awards held at the O2 where we have been a finalist three times.
The key tasks will include:
- Learning about Insurance and how it helps people and businesses
- Helping clients understand their insurance needs
- Talking to Insurers, presenting risks, explaining problems and creating solutions
- Preparing quotes and writing to clients
- Placing cover and collecting premiums
- Helping clients with their ongoing enquiries, including when they need to make a claim
- Negotiating with Underwriters and others
- Filing and general office admin
- Your apprenticeship salary will be reviewed every three months. By the end of your apprenticeship successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year.
The employer will be interviewing throughout.
Our ideal team member will be
- A good listener
- A great communicator – written and spoken
- Organised and interested in detail
- Sociable – loves helping others
- Able to demonstrate basic computer skills (word, email, Internet)
- Numerate and can calculate percentages.
Attitude is the most important thing to us – we are looking for cheerful people who share our core values. Our ideal candidate will
- Be prepared to take part in life and enjoy getting up each day
- Enjoy a challenge, work hard and have fun
- Care about other people – take an interest in other people and what they do
- Want to study and progress, learn and develop
The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades A*-C (or equivalent) It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in maths and English
We want to work with people who want a career in a great profession. We have a track record of offering permanent positions to apprentices who impress us and our people go on to achieve incredible things. During your apprenticeship, and in addition to your NVQ, we will support you in obtaining the Chartered Insurance Institute qualification - Foundation in Insurance. If we offer you a permanent job we will provide training and support in your second year which will enable you to obtain the Certificate in Insurance. We also provide support for employees who want to progress further and take the Diploma and Advanced Diploma.
Things to consider
We will increase your salary as your knowledge grows – we review apprentices salaries every three months. Successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year by the time they complete their apprenticeship.
When you’ve been with us for three months we will offer you flexitime. You’ll be able to flex your work around our core hours to suit your lifestyle. You could also earn an extra 13 days holiday a year. There is a cashplan scheme from day one to pay towards optical and dental treatment and a pension after 6 months.
A full DBS check will be undertaken before you begin the role. We will also need a personal credit check and a sanctions search.