General Office Apprentice
As well as traditional printed media, branded clothing and vehicle graphics to businesses, our real specialism lies in designing, producing and installing signage and exhibitions.
We are fast becoming the go-to partner for designers and agencies wanting to produce truly bespoke display solutions.
The successful applicant will be involved in a wide variety of business administration activities supporting the signage production side of the business including:
- Editing files prior to printing Using printer software and producing signage, large format print and associated products and services
- Undertaking the finishing processes for all types of signage, e.g. pop up stands, roller banners, canvas prints, and other portable display equipment with printed graphics and fabrics
- Helping to create and set up exhibition stands and corporate event displays (some travel and weekend work may be required)
- Assisting the special projects service as required
- Taking deliveries and checking against the order to make sure everything received is in good, usable condition and reporting any discrepancies or damaged products to the office manager
- You should have an interest in design and an eye for detail.
Full training will be given and the role will become more involved in other areas as you become more competent, e.g. creating on the job processes and systems manuals and accompanying the employer on site visits.
East Sussex College is the training provider for this apprenticeship.
You should have:
- Good computer skills – ideally using both Mac and PC
- Good timekeeping
- An eye for detail Good written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to use your initiative
- Previous DIY or practical skills using power tools an advantage
You should be:
- Someone with a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Passionate and determined and willing to see a job through
- Keen to learn and develop
GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grade C/4 or above desirable.
Potential permanent full-time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Applicants are advised to ensure they know the location of this vacancy and that they are able to get there, as public transport is limited.