Functional Skills Tutor/ESOL Tutor
Functional Skills UK offers upbeat and very focused short courses, aimed at providing our learners with a friendly and positive teaching experience. At Sussex Functional Skills Centre, we deliver Functional Skills Courses in Maths, English and ICT at various levels suitable to the candidate’s needs. The acquisition of good English/Maths Skills and qualifications has never been more important. It can help secure employment, ensure advancement within a career and develop the abilities of an organisations employees, apprentices and volunteers.
Vacancy full description:
Functional Skills UK (T/A Swim UK) are seeking a Functional Skills tutor to join our innovative team. You will be using NCFE, EDEXCEL and City Guilds as awarding bodies and testing through both online secure client and paper tests. Tutors will be required to work with groups as well as 1:1 delivery within the learners workplace and offer additional learning support if required.
Students will be a variation of ESOL workers /Apprentices, so a background in teaching English as a Second language will be beneficial.
Key duties include:
- Course planning and development/session preparation
- Assessing learner needs and levels
- Individualised target setting and planning
- Tracking and recording learner progress
- Provision of feedback and guidance to learners
- Exam Prep
Desirable qualities/ skills required:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or PGCE
- TEFL qualification
- City & Guilds Certificate in Further Education Teaching (7407)
- City & Guilds Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS) (7305)
- City & Guilds Further and Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate (7307)
- City & Guilds Initial Certificate in Teaching Basic Skills (9281)
- Functional Skills English/ Maths at Level 2
- A1 Assessor or TAQA Qualification.
- Experience of teaching of up to 2 years
- Full UK Driving Licence
To enquire please send C.V and covering letter to: email@example.com