Nightshift Production Supervisor
Role: Night shift Production Supervisor
Hours Of Work: Mon-Thu 10:45pm-6am and Fri 7:45pm-6am
Reporting to: Head of Production
About the Role:
Working in a busy production environment the Night Shift Production Supervisor will be hands on, responsible for proactively and continuously striving to optimise the performance and day to day leadership of the factory team
A key part of this role will be to lead and coach the production team to drive KPI's and maximise productivity. Manufacturing of product must be in line with ISO9001 and all production must be completed in a timely manner to cope with customer demand. In addition, you will need to coach and develop members of your team and promote a continuous improvement culture to increase performance and drive down costs. These tasks will need to comply with the company's health and safety and quality procedures and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensuring adherence to Health and Safety procedures
* Ensuring products are manufactured in line with ISO9001 quality standards
* Identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
* Developing the skills of staff on the shift
* Performing basic maintenance tasks on selected machinery
* Performing visual inspection of parts throughout the manufacturing process
* Assisting in the introduction of new work methods
* Work collaboratively with other members of the team, including the other Shift Supervisors to ensure smooth changeovers between shifts.
* A minimum of three years' experience in a Production Supervisor role in the Manufacturing sector
* Knowledge of automated processes
* Basic knowledge of engineering
* Strong people and performance management skills
* Excellent communication skills to build key relationships with your team and other departments
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Flexibility in approach to work
* A positive attitude to motivate and engage well with your team
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
* Knowledge of paint application processes
* Knowledge of surface finishing
* Leadership & Management qualification
* Engineering qualification
* Health & Safety qualification
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.