Graduate Trainee Insurance Client Handler (x 3)
EVER CONSIDERED A CAREER IN INSURANCE BROKING?
- Virtually recession-proof industry
- Great career progression prospects
- Financially rewarding
If you're a recent Graduate with degree in a Business/ Finance field and are looking for a rewarding, supportive launch-pad into a career in Commercial Insurance Broking, we want to hear from you.
We're looking for 3 people who could make a really positive difference and bring confidence, enthusiasm and bags of initiative to our successful and dynamic Commercial Enterprise & Schemes Team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
Our Commercial Enterprise & Schemes Team is one of the largest, dynamic and most successful teams in Sutton Winson and provides business insurance protection and solutions to a variety of small to medium sized business across the South East and beyond.
This is a full time, permanent position where you'll play a key part in the team through an initial 2-year Graduate programme. You'll gain some fantastic experience through supporting the Team in serving our clients and developing new business opportunities and work towards becoming a fully trained and qualified Client Technician.
We'll support you all the way with your learning, so no previous Insurance experience is required and we'll work with you to ensure that you're enjoying your role and feeling fulfilled with what and how you're learning.
Our promise to you is to offer you a role that provides exposure to leading people within our industry and an opportunity to develop your skills through hands-on experience.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Build and manage key client relationships
- Manage a client portfolio of around 25 risks per month
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross-selling
- Deal with general enquiries from clients, and get involved with generating new business, processing mid-term policy adjustments and improving retention
- Manage policy renewals effectively and with accuracy
- Draft reports professionally and chase clients for information
- Provide support to the Team
Whilst you will be based in our Burgess Hill office, you may occasionally be asked to attend external client meetings. It's therefore essential that you are able to offer a degree of flexibility around your core hours.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
We love to train our people and you'll be no exception! This is what you can expect:
- Fully funded Certificate in Insurance (CII) - you will be expected to complete this within 12 months
- Broking Skills and insurance product knowledge - you'll learn how to place Clients with the right insurer on the right product
- Risk Management expertise - how to assist clients with managing their risks and exposure
- Exposure to industry specific IT Systems
- An in-depth understanding of the UK Insurance Industry
- Encouragement to demonstrate and hone your Presentation and Organisational skills
- Confidence and relationship building techniques
YOUR QUALIFCATIONS & LIFE SKILLS
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) within the last 2 years, with good A Level and GCSE passes
- We'd also like to see evidence of team working, whether through sport, volunteering or club membership
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- A generous annual salary reviewed EVERY 6 MONTHS within the first 2 years PLUS Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Fully funded Cert CII Membership & Support towards qualification
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loan
- Daily dress down in-office policy
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Bright, open-plan office, based in the town centre, 5 minutes' walk from the mainline station and bus routes (mainline Brighton to London).
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility events and opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, tea and filtered water
- Fresh fruit always available.
WHY CHOOSE SUTTON WINSON?
Sutton Winson is an award winning, privately owned Chartered Insurance Broker & professional risk advisory business. We service large quoted companies, privately owned organisations, and wealthy individuals all over the UK and overseas.
We are proud to be a people-centric company and value our staff. To prove this, we:
- Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status (a commitment of Customer excellence & Professionalism)
- Voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Won award for Training at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
A role with Sutton Winson will offer you the chance to learn and develop, progress and succeed and to work with a great bunch of people in a friendly and supportive environment.
APPLY TODAY AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO SUTTON WINSON.