Occupational Therapist part time
2.5 days a week for our school in Seaford and college in Brighton.
Do you stand out from the crowd?
You could make a difference……..
St. John’s is a specialist school and college offering high quality education and care for young people aged 7-25 with a wide range of special educational needs.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our Wellbeing team with the following vacancy:
- Specialist Occupational Therapist
- The position is a dual sited role in both Brighton and Seaford will be responsible for delivering an effective and efficient Occupational Therapy service for St. John’s School & College; participating in future developments and promoting the Occupational Therapy role and delivery of OT assessments for new referrals and admissions and be responsible for their own case load.
- To maintain an agreed caseload and carrying out appropriate assessments, define treatment goals, plan and provide appropriate treatment using individual, joint and group therapy as appropriate.
- To integrate and monitor treatment programmes in the student’s environment, whether it be carried out by occupational therapy, care, education or therapy staff in school/college or at home by parents/carers.
- To assess and recommend suitable equipment to enable independence for daily living and where appropriate organize for its provision and instruct on safe use.
- Establish effective communication and liaison with other Therapy, Education and Care staff members involved in learner referral and management.
- Establish effective communication and liaison with family/carers of learners accessing the Occupational Therapy service.
- To integrate and monitor treatment programmes whether delivered by care, education, parents or carers.
- To liaise with medical, nursing, care, education, and therapy and other professionals working with learners to provide a co-ordinated and consistent approach encouraging generalisation of skills.
- To provide formal verbal and written reports when required and attend internal case conferences including Annual Reviews and Individual Learning Programmes.
- All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment and safeguarding policy.