Digital Media Assistant Apprenticeship
Spirit FM is proud to be at the heart of everything that happens in West Sussex, and every day our dedicated team based in Chichester are producing fantastic content on the radio, in video, and online.
Over the last 12 months we’ve seen record-breaking figures across all our platforms, including our portfolio of websites, video products and social media. We've also expanded with a brand-new radio station and loads of other services to offer our clients too.
And now we’re looking for a talented Digital Media Assistant to join our expanding Digital team, to help us offer even more digital services to our clients, as well as open up and enhance new revenue streams for our brands too.
We're celebrating a record-breaking year, and as well as working on our own products, you’ll also be working in partnership with some of the West Sussex most prominent and successful businesses and organisations to help them get the right messages in front of the right people.
To work alongside experienced staff to gain job-specific skills and knowledge, undertaking a range of suitable work-related tasks to support your structured programme of training, leading to a recognised qualification.
What will you be doing?
- You will support (working towards managing) the day-to-day population, execution and reporting of Spirit FM branded online products including our ticket-selling website Ticket Crowd, and our Voucher Shop
- Helping to identify potential client opportunities
- Using Analytical software to compile campaign reports, and analyse their success
- Producing compelling digital content including video production, website content creation and social media production
- To undertake a range of duties, as instructed by your line manager, which are relevant to the role
- To engage in learning and progress towards an appropriate work-based qualification in the Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Standard Level 3, and a technical qualification and student membership with the CIM
What we’re looking for:
- Someone that has a genuine interest in the digital world, including websites, social media, video platforms – and pretty much anything online
- Someone who is willing to learn and expand their skills as part of this Apprenticeship and to build their technical abilities with the guidance of the Spirit FM Digital team and from classroom tuition
- Someone that understands the importance of the digital marketplace for local businesses
- Someone who can grasp how Spirit FM’s online platforms can be used to generate more engagement, listeners and revenue
- Someone that works well with figures, and is able to dig-deeper to get a real understanding of why something did or didn’t work
- Someone that has a good attentio to detail, and the ability to spot opportunities – no matter how unconventional they might be
- Someone that can create fun, engaging and exciting online content
- Familiar with using the full-suite of Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- A great communicator, both virtually and in-person
- An organised person, who can plan their workload effectively and work to tight timescales
- Someone that is looking to grow and develop in one of the fastest-growing departments in our business
Desirable but not essential qualities include:
- Experience in using Facebook Insights, Twitter and Google Analytics
- Experience of administering Social Media accounts, and websites for a business or organisation
- Experience in using WordPress
- Experience in customer relations
- Proficient in using Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
- Experience in copywriting for online platforms
- An understanding of intellectual property rights, copyright law and data protection regulations
Spirit FM accept education history alongside professional experience as equal evidence against the essential and desirable role requirements, acknowledging that the Apprenticeship programme can often be the first step in someone’s career. The Apprenticeship, alongside on the job training is designed to equip the successful applicant with all necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours to perform the duties listed.
Spirit FM is a market-leader when it comes to producing engaging and effective digital products, and this is your chance to develop yourself personally and professionally with the beach on your doorstep.
We work hard - and we play hard. You get weekends and Bank Holidays off and when you are here, it’s a fun environment to work in. No two days are ever the same, and our entire office runs on cake. No seriously.