We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice who will be joining our team at an exciting time as we continue to evolve and modernise our IT systems. The IT Apprentice is an entry-level IT job for those wishing to work within an educational establishment. Duties will include routine 1st line IT support to staff and students at the college under supervision from senior IT staff. There is also opportunity to work on exciting transformational IT projects within the department. This role also offers day release to attend classes at East Sussex College to work towards a Level 2 IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professional apprenticeship.
The key tasks will include:
- Provide 1st line IT support to college users at local and remote sites
- Assist the IT team with IT hardware and software rollouts PC fault finding, carrying out diagnostics and providing advice to users
- Ensure IT classroom and work areas maintained to high standards
- Organising delivery and return of IT equipment
- Answering phone and dealing with face-to-face IT helpdesk enquiries
- Logging and resolving incidents on the helpdesk management system
- Ensure adequate stock levels and maintenance of all end user IT equipment
- Carry out network administration tasks
- Ensure the IT helpdesk is always manned
- Prepare and maintain routine IT equipment for use
- Participate in project work in relation to IT service improvements
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good working knowledge of computers and software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A keen interest in IT and a willingness to learn new skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to act on own initiative but also confident to ask for help when needed
- To behave in a professional manner when dealing staff and students
- A self-motivated, positive and pro-active attitude
- Reliable and committed and professional
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship and earning a formal qualification
There are no essential qualifications for this role but basic maths and English skills are required Before beginning the apprenticeship there will be some initial maths, English and ICT assessments to ensure that you are at a high enough level to complete the apprenticeship
Full time employment
Things to consider
Due to rural location, own vehicle and driving license would be an advantage.
Basic working hours are from 08:30hrs to 17:00hrs Monday to Friday but some flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business. This is an all year round post. There will be some evening and weekend working required to support department and whole college events where there will be a requirement to attend.
The holiday year is from 1 September - 31 August each year. The annual leave entitlement for this role is 26 working days, 8 bank holidays and efficiency days as stipulated by the Senior Management Team. Annual leave is bookable subject to business needs and should be planned and agreed with your Manager.
The candidate appointed to the post will automatically become a member of the LGPS Scheme and pay contributions as determined by annual salary levels. The pension scheme includes life assurance cover, and the College will also pay a contribution towards your pension. There is also free car parking and a competitively priced dining room service.
There will be a DBS check before beginning this job role.
You will be required to attend the Eastbourne, East Sussex College Campus, once per week as part of the day release programme. Please ensure you have travel arrangements in place before applying.
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Technology Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- IT Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- IT Support Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes
- Networks & Systems Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Lewes