Andra Jewels (Andra) is one of the largest manufacturers and wholesalers of fine jewellery in the UK, supplying major high street jewellery retailers, such as Argos, H Samuel, F Hinds and Warren James as well as many online-only retailers such as Shop Direct (very.co.uk).
In addition to its role as a trusted supplier to these big businesses, Andra also trades directly with the public under its own brands.
Andra is seeking a highly analytical and commercial person to help grow its direct-to-consumer e-commerce business.
The specific role for which we are currently recruiting sits across 3 of the brands which we operate, namely Andralok, The Jewellery Stockroom and LJ Designs. Initially the role will be focussed on extending the reach of our products on the online marketplaces Amazon and eBay and in due course, once several thousand of our products have been made available for sale on these platforms will involve working with our branded jewellery team to develop e-commerce websites for these brands.
This role will report directly to the Commercial Director.
The role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Uploading listing information to the brands’ Amazon and eBay pages, ensuring all description details are present and correct, optimising for search;
- Analysing sales performance and working with management to strategically input into new product development to maximise sales;
- Managing output from our international photographers, ensuring all images are delivered to specification;
- Assisting with customer service;
- Working with Amazon FBA;
- Handling product returns; and
- Working with our stock and dispatch team to ensure all returned items are processed appropriately
Attributes of the right candidate
The ideal candidate will love working with numbers, be skilled at analysing data and will be able to use this information to make informed commercial decisions to present to management.
The following skills will be important in the role:
- Being proficient at using Microsoft Excel;
- Being able to learn, understand and work with Amazon and eBay’s interfaces;
- Being comfortable handling large amounts of data;
- Being able to monitor and interpret sales trends;
- Having attention to detail; and
- Being able to communicate well with customers;
Additionally, the right candidate will be:
- A self-starter;
- Keen to learn; and
Support & training
Training will be offered in any respect which is beneficial to the candidate in delivering their role and will be provided by Andra Jewels.
Ideally the candidate will hold the following qualifications.
- Degree: 2:1 or better
- A-levels (or equivalent): 3 grades A* - B
- GCSEs: 8 grades of A* - B
Previous work experience of some description is required, although it doesn’t have to be specifically relevant to the role or industry. Intelligence and being able to demonstrate a high level of analytical and commercial skill is much more important.
The candidate should expect to be tested on their numeracy and analytical ability during the interview process.
On application, depends on experience
Competitive salary + performance related bonus + benefits