P/T Payroll Administrator
Are you an experienced Payroll Administrator looking to work for an organisation that offer 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays), Pension scheme, Staff events, Treadmill and vibro plate and a laid back and easy-going office environment?
Are you looking to work 25 - 30 hours a week earning £10.00 - £14.00 per hour?
If so, our client an innovative and dynamic rapidly growing payroll company based in Lewes are looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their team.
* Processing client payrolls accurately and efficiently
* Check accuracy of calculations before sending to client and HMRC
* Build a trusting relationship with clients
* Be able to calculate gross to net calculations manually
* Must be able to prioritise workload efficiently on a daily basis
* Assist clients with any queries they have regarding their payroll via phone or email
* Download tax notifications from HMRC website and process RTI submissions to HMRC
* Import and export excel files into and out of payroll
* Creating payroll journals and ad-hoc reports
* Create a variety of pension auto-enrolment files for onward submission to pension providers timely and accurately
* Any other ad-hoc admin work include filing
To be considered for the role of Payroll Administrator, you must have demonstrable experience working in a payroll bureau. In addition, the following key skills and experience are essential:
* Must have payroll experience
* Experience working in a payroll bureau
* Have good knowledge of using Star (Payroll Professional) payroll software
* Have good knowledge of excel for creating spreadsheets and importing data in and out of payroll software
* Must have a good understanding of statutory payments and deductions including maternity pay/statutory sick pay/paternity pay/student loans/attachments of earnings etc.
* Have good communication skills and polite telephone manner when speaking to clients on the phone
* Have excellent grammar for writing emails and letters to clients
* Must be methodical, diligent, work well under pressure and be a good team player
* Be flexible in working days and hours due to peaks and troughs of a monthly payroll cycle
* Have a good understanding of auto-enrolment pension law.
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.