Java Web Developer
Java Web Developer
Salary: £30,000 to £50,000
Are you a Java Developer based in Brighton? Are you familiar with working in a Agile environment? If your answers are yes, this could be the role for you!
Search Consultancy is delighted to announce an opportunity to join a medical SME based in Brighton. My client provides a consultative function used by medical professionals to provide medical advice - so it is influential work that makes a difference to peoples lives!
To be successful in your application, candidates will ideally have:
* Java experience, with a familiarity of Spring & Hibernate frameworks
* A understanding of OO concepts, ORM, IoC, with familiarity with RDBMS
* 3 years experience
Take a look at the remaining job description, but if this role seems appropriate for your skills - apply away!
Our small, passionate team is now looking for a Java/web developer with at least 3 years' experience to help us grow and deliver an ever more outstanding product.
Our technology team is based in Brighton. We are Agile (with elements of Scrum) and user-centred.
As a candidate, you'll have strong problem solving skills, be able to rapidly respond to changing requirements and have the initiative and creativity to suggest new features and changes in strategic direction.
* Java, ideally Groovy/Grails (although not essential), with an understanding of Spring & Hibernate
* Strong understanding of OO concepts, ORMs, typical design patterns including IoC, familiarity with RDBMS
* Experience with TDD (ideally including Spock and Geb), continuous integration, Agile methodologies (ideally Scrum)
* Experience using mySQL, AWS, Apache, Tomcat and Linux useful but not essential
* Collaborating with our product, operations and clinical teams to help scope and refine new ideas and requests into features
* Working with the technology team throughout the entire software lifecycle, taking part in daily stand-ups and refinement meetings
* Suggesting new technologies, better use of existing technologies and ways of improving any aspect of our product design, workflow, or working practices
What we offer:
* A fantastic, relaxed central Brighton office (located near the Level)
* A truly supportive and friendly team
* Open environment, welcoming of new ideas and constructive criticism
* Flexible working hours
* NEST pension scheme
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.