Salary / hourly rate of pay: £8.05 with weekend pay enhancements and double pay with bank holidays
Working hours: 40 hours per week and a range of part time hours options
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: All locations across SHC Care Homes - most are around the Horsham RH12 and Uckfield TN22
Why Work for SHC?
SHC is a group of 16 care homes across Sussex, employing over 800 employees, offering a broad range of care and support for the people we support covering Elderly, Dementia, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, End of life, Respite and Acquired brain Injury.
Our employees are important to SHC and are critical in providing high levels of care and customer service to support the diverse range of care provision SHC offers. We have a number of vacant care roles and welcome you to join our team. Most of our roles offer flexible shifts, to ensure that you get a good work life balance.
Our Training Academy provides a full range of class-based learning, e-learning and mentoring opportunities to allow you to learn new skills and gain vocational and professional qualifications.
About the role:
This roles allows you to demonstrate you maintenance skills as you provide maintenance cover within the home under the direction of the Facilities and Estates Manager.
You'll work alongside the Maintenance Site Co-Ordinator to ensure a safe, well maintained environment is provided.
- Check the maintenance book daily and respond to work requests.
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory checks are carried out to the required schedule.
- Maintain light levels within the home.
- Carry out weekly safety audits.
- Restain wooden garden furniture annually.
- Check self closure to fire doors weekly and adjust if required.
- Check all fire extinguishers monthly.
- Undertake testing of all spas/pool on site on a daily basis and report any abnormalities to the Registered Manager and record all readings (training provided).
- Fire alarm system to be tested weekly and recorded.
- Emergency lights to be tested monthly for function and annually for duration.
- Painting and decorating as required.
You will be an active member of the team, providing an environment that is free from abuse or neglect; observing agreed safeguarding practices by using the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Successful candidates must have:
- Reliable and punctual;
- Excellent communication skills and team player;
- Ideally with your own transport but free staff transport is available.
- With previous maintenance skills
What we Offer
- Flexible working options - Full time or Part time or Bank Work
- Weekend pay enhancement and paid breaks.
- Competitively priced staff accommodation (subject to meeting a specific criteria)
- Free Uniform
- Subsidised lunches
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Employment Assistance Programme
No agencies please
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!