Job title / Position: RGN Nurses
Salary / hourly rate of pay: £15.00, enhanced pay for Bank Holiday working
Working hours: 40 hours per week and a range of part time hours available
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: All locations in the Horsham RH12 area or
Uckfield, East Sussex TN22 area or
Henfield, West Sussex BN5 area
Why Work for SHC?
SHC is a group of 16 care homes across Sussex, employing over 800 employees, offering a broad range of care and support for the people we support covering Elderly, Dementia, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, End of life, Respite and Acquired brain Injury.
Our employees are important to SHC and are critical in providing high levels of care and customer service to support the diverse range of care provision SHC offers. We have a number of vacant care roles and welcome you to join our team. Most of our roles offer flexible shifts, to ensure that you get a good work life balance.
Our Training Academy provides a full range of class-based learning, e-learning and mentoring opportunities to allow you to learn new skills and gain vocational and professional qualifications.
About the role:
Using your Registered Nursing skills, you'll provide excellent nursing for the People we Support (PWS) and we welcome those who are passionate about delivering great care and have an outstanding communication skills. Due to the nature of the Sussex Healthcare range of homes and the diversity of nursing it offers, it allows you to develop your career which we fully support.
Please note that you must have a valid NMC PIN to work at Sussex Healthcare. If you do not, but still wish to work for Sussex Healthcare, then we may be able to offer a Senior Care Assistant role, whilst you are applying for your NMC PIN.
Your caring skills will be fully utilised as you promote independence, life skills and encourage the people we support to make their own choices. No two days are the same and you will contribute to the completion of support plans, risk assessments and most importantly help people to realise their dreams and ambitions.
- Take nursing history through interviewing and observing the people we support.
- Giving medication and keeping accurate records of this.
- Updating and writing care plans, using best practice.
- Maintain accurate clinical observations of the condition of those we support.
- Interpret the significance of data to the people we support's condition and progress.
- Communicate effectively with those we support, their relatives and co-workers.
- Liaise with medical, para-medical staff and case managers in the delivery of care.
- Maintain standards in accordance with Sussex Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards in accordance with the NMC, CQC and council.
You will be an active member of the team, providing an environment that is free from abuse or neglect; observing agreed safeguarding practices by using the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Successful candidates must have:
- Please note that you must have a valid NMC PIN to work at Sussex Healthcare. If you do not but still wish to work for Sussex Healthcare, then we may be able to offer a Senior Care Assistant role, whilst you are applying for your NMC PIN.
- Reliable and punctual;
- Excellent communication skills and team player;
- Ideally with your own transport but free staff transport is available.
We are willing to consider applicants that are not experienced and who show a willingness to learn and excel in a support role.
What we Offer
- Flexible working options - Full time, Part time or Bank Work - days and nights available.
- Training Academy - from NVQs in Healthcare or Nursing apprenticeships.
- Weekend pay enhancement and paid breaks
- Competitively priced staff accommodation (subject to meeting a specific criteria)
- Free Uniform x 3
- Subsidised lunches
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Employment Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to move between homes if you choose to, to broaden your experience and knowledge.
No agencies please
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
More searches like this
- Healthcare Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Nursing Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Social Care Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Support Care Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham
- Public Sector Health & Safety Permanent Full Time jobs in Horsham