HGV / Class 1 / C+E Drivers
We are looking to recruit several HGV / LGV Class 1 / C+E Drivers to work for our client near Andover on a new ‘5 on 2 off’ shift pattern which will include weekend working. The role will be delivering from a large megastore with depots around the UK with either a loading bay or flat ground. Some manual handling will be required to unload the caged goods.
LTD Pay (Further details on request):
- Annual salary Minimum (based on 5 days per week Mon - Fri) £36,400.00
- Minimum Weekly Pay (based on 5 days per week Mon - Fri) £700
- Minimum Daily Pay Mon - Fri £140.00
- Minimum Daily Pay Sat/Sun £150.00
- Minimum Weekly Pay (based on 5 days per week) £600
- Minimum Daily Pay Mon - Fri £120.00
- Minimum Daily Pay Sat/Sun £125.00
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- ensuring the tractor and trailer unit are road legal
- filling in the check sheets and report any defects to the Team Managers
- logging defects into the defect books
- ensuring the safety of the load and that you have the correct load and paperwork
- accurate completion of all tachograph entries
- taking breaks according to legislation to avoid infringements
- act responsibly on the road at all times and to drive in a fuel efficient manner
- keeping the depot informed of any issues during the shift
- Valid Driver Qualification Card - CPC
- Valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Category CE Licence
- Own Transport would be preferred due to the start times possibly being outside of the general public transport hours and due to the location of the client.
- You will be required to attend and successfully complete a driver assessment / induction based on Drivers hours, Tachographs and driving ability.
- Various start times currently available (days and nights)
Please contact Lee at The Best Connection Southampton.