Marketing & Recruitment Manager
Contract: 5 days per week
Location: Brighton & Bexhill
Salary: £28 - £30k pro rata
Responsible to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Responsible for: Marketing Officer, Recruitment Officer
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th April
Interviews: W/C 6th May
To start: ASAP
Dv8 Sussex delivers creative vocational courses at Level 1, 2 and 3 to young people aged 16 - 18 in Media, Music, Art, Fashion, Games and Event Management. Our courses are delivered in small classes, with practical, industry-led project briefs to guide the learning and curriculum. We believe in what we do and can regularly celebrate the positive impact our courses have had on a young person. We are looking for someone who can share our values and make a significant contribution to the next stage of the college’s development.
This is an opportunity to take an exciting central role within a fast growing independent training provider, our Marketing & Recruitment Manager will work on improving our strategies and processes within the department. As Dv8 continues to grow, this post will be integral in ensuring that a clear marketing and recruitment plan is implemented and that learner recruitment, sales and financial targets are realised. We are looking for someone who has brilliant ideas, enthusiasm and passion for what we do, someone who can be a leader within the organisation and be part of an exciting future for Dv8.
The Marketing & Recruitment Manager is accountable for the numbers applying for and starting on Study Programme courses, meeting the targets set out by our Senior Management team in accordance with the college’s business plan. This includes overseeing and developing the recruitment systems - application form, information capture, interview process, information sharing and marketing plans to achieve targets.
You will be responsible for ensuring that a clear and positive message about Dv8 and our programmes is communicated to young people, parents and stakeholders at all times through all digital and print marketing and press coverage.
You will manage a team of three people across Brighton and Bexhill and have a responsibility to ensure that both centres operate with the same attention and support. In addition to marketing and recruiting for the core 16 - 18 study programmes it will be a responsibility of this role to support the development of new revenue streams for the college and ensure they in turn reach recruitment or sales targets. These could include, but are not limited to:
- Workshops within secondary schools
- Space hire
- Partnerships with business and organisations who can enrich Dv8’s courses and offer work experience and internships for students
- 19+ programmes and adult learning
- Training courses for businesses and individuals
Marketing Strategy and Team Leadership
- Working closely with the senior management team to ensure the Marketing and Sales strategy is aligned to business goals, positioning us as the aspirational college for any young person wishing to gain a creative education and start a career in the Creative Industries
- Overseeing Dv8’s digital strategy (with the support of a Marketing Officer) and presence across a multitude of channels, cultivating online community, leading on development of the Dv8 website, online brand presence, and SEO.
- Managing the marketing spend and working with the Finance Manager to develop and maintain budgets
- Managing the marketing & recruitment team consisting of a Marketing Officer and x2 Recruitment Officers; running quarterly supervisions; weekly team meetings; evaluation of the team, identifying career development and training opportunities to create the most successful unit possible
- Leading on print marketing, distribution and advertising strategies including yearly prospectus production
Recruitment and Admissions
- Work closely with the Head of Teaching and Learning to develop and deliver effective learner recruitment strategies that meet learner and organisational needs.
- Ensure that profiled targets for new starts on Study Programmes are met
- Lead on key relationships with schools, positioning Dv8 at the forefront of all year 11 student choices when looking for a creative education post 16 or year 12/13 leavers considering the apprenticeship route
- Identifying and attending (along with Marketing & Recruitment officers) key academic and career events across East and West Sussex positioning Dv8 as a leading education brand in a competitive market place.
- Developing and overseeing all recruitment processes including the online application, interview paperwork and applications data sheets
- Analysing application data and creating reports relevant to marketing and management
- Coordinating taster sessions and moving on days
- Design of key correspondence such as invite to interview and offer letters
- Organising and implementing an admissions timetable including; initial taster sessions, enrolment days and coordinating internal progression interviews
- Working closely with Learning Support to identify students in need of additional learning support, or have Special Educational Needs (SEN) and contributing to the High Needs support funding application process
- Working closely with the Operations Manager and Student Services Coordinator to identify safeguarding or child protection issues and students in need of pastoral support
- Working with the vocational tutor teams to ensure they input to interview and selection process, supporting them to also hold initial interviews where appropriate.
- Lead on employee engagement strategy, working with Recruitment Officers to secure student work placements across the organisation, ensuring fruitful relationships are built and maintained with employers
- Lead team to achieve targets for securing industry placements for all Paid Internship students (Approx 35 placements across both sites)
- At least 5 years’ experience of marketing or student recruitment management / deputy management
- A demonstrable history of leading a team to meet sales targets
- High level of proficiency across all major digital marketing platforms
- A passion for driving improvements, attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to work across a number of key projects
- Be target driven and possessing the can-do mentality that will see you thrive in an environment where we’re constantly seeking to break new ground and identify new opportunities
- Possess excellent team leadership skills
- Possess excellent literacy and communication skills
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be a positive and motivated individual, driven by values aligned to Dv8’s own
- Possess Excellent IT skills
- Possess creative skills to support marketing content creation
- Have experience of working within the education sector
- Own car and driving licence
- Possess Graphic Design and Video editing skills
To apply for this position, please visit our website: http://www.dv8sussex.com/jobs/