@ College Academic Coach
Chichester College Group
@College Academic Coach
Pro rata of £20,878 – £36,650 per annum (i.e. £16,702.40 - £29,320)
29.6 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Fixed term until 30 June 2020
As an Academic Coach you will work with 14-16 learners with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). You will devise individualised programmes to engage them in learning do they are ready to transition onto a full-time college programme.
- To undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring a high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs.
- To work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area.
- To ensure that student needs are met in a responsive way, in line with the concept of inclusive learning.
- To undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- To ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- To undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- To take an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates.
- To develop curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- To understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational and specifically SEND sector.
- To participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
Closing date: 22 April 2019
Interview date: 7 May 2019
To apply, visit www.crawley.ac.uk/jobs
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.