Clinical Lead - 6 -8 months
Job title / Position: Clinical Lead
Salary / hourly rate of pay: £15.00, enhanced pay for Bank Holiday working
Working hours: 40 hours per week and 6- 8 months Fixed Term Contract
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 3PQ
Why Work for SHC?
SHC is a group of 16 care homes across Sussex, employing over 800 employees, offering a broad range of care and support for the people we support covering Elderly, Dementia, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, End of life, Respite and Acquired brain Injury.
Our employees are important to SHC and are critical in providing high levels of care and customer service to support the diverse range of care provision SHC offers. We have a number of vacant care roles and welcome you to join our team. Most of our roles offer flexible shifts, to ensure that you get a good work life balance.
Our Training Academy provides a full range of class-based learning, e-learning and mentoring opportunities to allow you to learn new skills and gain vocational and professional qualifications
About the role:
Assess Nursing Needs
- You'll assist the manager with pre-admissions and admissions to the care home, undertaking nursing history and observation of the people we care for and maintain accurate clinical observations of the people we care for and communicate with all team members.
- Be able interpret critical thinking in emergencies and action intervention and to use appropriate nursing tools to evidence nursing intervention.
- Effective communication skills for discussing difficult nursing needs with the staff, people we care for, their relatives or other relevant people.
Practitioner of Nursing
- Ensure professional skilled care is always adhered to and administer medication using Sussex Health Care policies and procedures also adhering to the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Code of Conduct 2015. Monitoring all trained staff undertaking medications and treatments and ensuring they are administered safely, accurately according to the medication guidelines.
- To be able to liaise with General Practitioners, paramedic's and attend review meetings and communicate effectively to the staff team.
Enhance Nursing Skills
- Seek out new knowledge by researching evidence-based practice in health and nursing by reading, enquiring and actively participating in ongoing educational programmes and develop new skills and mentor other staff members to ensure they embed skills and update as necessary.
- Abide by all the legal requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Council 2015, and statutory rules surrounding nursing practice.
- Taking responsibility for personal development, maintaining mandatory training and updating skills levels as required.
- Maintain professionalism at all times with uniform and conduct that inspires the people we care for and visitors.
- Understand the Sussex Healthcare Mission Statement and ensure staff are aware of this.
- Competency in catheterisation for male, female and suprapubic.
- Competency in Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrotomy.
- Competency in Varication of Death.
- Competency in Medication Administration.
- Competency in Venepuncture.
- Good knowledge in record keeping for safeguarding, falls, Mental Capacity, Deprivation of Liberties authorisation.
- Staff allocation and skills mix.
- End of life care.
- Mentorship qualification.
You will be an active member of the team, providing an environment that is free from abuse or neglect; observing agreed safeguarding practices by using the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Successful candidates must have:
- Please note that you must have a valid NMC PIN to work at Sussex Healthcare.
- Experience as a Clinical Lead
- Reliable and punctual;
- Excellent communication skills and team player;
- Ideally with your own transport but free staff transport is available.
What we Offer
- Weekend pay enhancement
- Free Uniform x 3
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Employment Assistance Programme
No agencies please