Manager, Reporting And Analysis
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The position of Manager, Reporting & Analytics role reports to the Director Strategic Planning & Development (SPD) and will be based in London. Their principle remit will be the creation of systems/tools and the provision reporting, designed to drive performance analytics and enhance insights across the Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) EMEA Acquisition and Client Management organizations.
The incumbent will partner with the broader GMS team, interacting with Marketing, Pricing, Finance, Business Insights and the equivalent teams in JAPA & USA to deliver best in class MIS and will act as SME in regional projects/initiatives. They will also be responsible for delivery of the all aspects of reporting, insights and analytics for the GMNS (EMEA) Leadership team and their direct reports.
Amex’s Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) signs merchants to accept American Express cards and maintains the card acceptance network. GMNS is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with merchants, merchant acquirers, processors, and the network. GMNS also processes card transactions and settles with merchants that accept American Express cards. Furthermore, GMNS provides marketing information and services such as fraud prevention to merchants. In addition, GMNS builds and manages loyalty coalition programs which enable consumers to earn and spend rewards points.
The GMNS Strategy, Planning, and Development (SP&D) team works closely with the GMNS Group President and all GMNS General Managers. Specific responsibilities include planning and reporting to enable merchant acquisition and client management teams, strategy formulation, business development, and investment optimization.
- Development and roll out of reporting, insights and analytics for GMNS-EMEA Leadership, Client Management and Acquisition
- Development of new MIS reporting solutions/models to meet business demands
- Act as an SME for regional/global analytics and insights initiatives and projects
- E2E Management of processes related to merchant data
- Provide support and guidance to SABE in India with projects and analytics
- Perform ad hoc analytics
- Best practice sharing with other regions
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Business degree or equivalent. Masters preferred
- SAS/SQL programming (Intermediate – Expert level)
- Tableau Visualization design (Intermediate – Expert Level)
- Advanced user of Excel and Power-point
- Proven Experience in analytics or data management
- Strong experience developing, executing and managing reporting processes
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, with experience to develop robust presentations to senior stakeholders
- Highly analytical with strong understanding of financial evaluation and ability to scenario model
- Customer focused, enthusiastic and creative with the ability to think conceptually and strategically
- Conceptual thinking skills and ability to identify and implement technical solutions to achieve process automation and improve the final outcomes of the projects
- Strong business acumen, able to follow business and industry trends and make use of information to help identify opportunities across GMNS
- Proven ability to influence others without direct authority within a matrix organization
- An optimistic and growth mindset with a tremendous will to win as a team
- Self starter and ability to work independently to problem solve
- Passion, flexibility, sense of humor, and a positive attitude are KEY requirements to join a great team of professionals!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time