CARE AND SUPPORT WORKERS
Why Work for SHC?
SHC is a group of 16 care homes across Sussex, employing over 800 employees, offering a broad range of care and support for the people we support covering Elderly, Dementia, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, End of life, Respite and Acquired brain Injury.
Our employees are important to SHC and are critical in providing high levels of care and customer service to support the diverse range of care provision SHC offers. We have a number of vacant care roles and welcome you to join our team. Most of our roles offer flexible shifts, to ensure that you get a good work life balance.
Our Training Academy provides a full range of class-based learning, e-learning and mentoring opportunities to allow you to learn new skills and gain vocational and professional qualifications.
About the role:
Your caring skills will be fully utilised as you promote independence, life skills and encourage the people we support to make their own choices. No two days are the same and you will contribute to the completion of support plans, risk assessments and most importantly help people to realise their dreams and ambitions.
You will be an active member of the team, providing an environment that is free from abuse or neglect; observing agreed safeguarding practices by using the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Successful candidates must have:
- Have a minimum of 6 months previous experience of supporting vulnerable people with various and complex needs and ideally with a recognised Care Qualification;
- Have a warm and friendly disposition with a caring nature;
- Through training you will learn to identify specific needs and requirements of the people we support;
- Reliable and punctual;
- Excellent communication skills and team player;
- Ideally with your own transport but free staff transport is available.
We are willing to consider applicants that are not experienced and who show a willingness to learn and excel in a support role.
What we Offer
- Flexible working options - Full time, Part time or Bank Work - days and nights available.
- Training Academy - from NVQs in Healthcare or Nursing apprenticeships.
- Weekend pay enhancement and paid breaks
- Competitively priced staff accommodation (subject to meeting a specific criteria)
- Free Uniform x 3
- Subsidised lunches
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Employment Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to move between homes if you choose to, to broaden your experience and knowledge.
No agencies, please.
Please apply via our website and state which area you are interested in working at.
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!