Required as soon as possible. Pay scale: SLT Grade 4 currently £16,859-£19,084 fte (£10,410 - £11,784 pro rata). Hours of work 8.50am – 3.15pm Monday - Friday term time only. Fixed term until July 2020.
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistants to join our supportive and successful Additional Learning team. The role would be to work closely with our SEND/EHCP students across a range of subjects to support students’ learning in mainstream classes and in specific Intervention sessions.
This would include:
- Supporting students to access lessons across the school;
- Developing an understanding of the needs of the students you will be working with e.g. Dyslexia, Autism, and Downs Syndrome;
- Building students’ self-esteem and confidence;
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on student progress;
- Working 1:1 or in small groups with students;
- Providing support with personal care where needed.
To be an effective in this role you will need to be able to:
- Establish a positive, supportive relationship with our more vulnerable students;
- Be flexible and able to adapt both to the developing needs of the students and the requirements of the teacher and department;
- Work calmly when under pressure;
- Learn and work with our digital systems.
Colleagues within our teams should also have:
- a genuine passion for education and desire to make a positive difference;
- excellent organisation and communication skills;
- a friendly and professional manner.
We value and want to sustain the rich experience and level of expertise and skills our current team possess and therefore we welcome applications from people who come from a range of backgrounds, especially those working with children. We have a strong commitment to developing our staff so you can also expect to engage in a range of training activities. As such this is an excellent preparation for anyone considering a career in either teaching or supporting students’ learning.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact to children’s learning and are interested in applying for this role please download the application pack including an application form, see below (also available from our website www.wardenpark.co.uk) and return your completed application form by email to email@example.com Our HR Manager, Shirley Batchelor can be contacted if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org or 01444 476556.
Warden Park Academy is part of the Sussex Learning Trust and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check and well as other pre-employment checks.
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday 26th April 2019
Warden Park Academy, Broad Street, Cuckfield, West Sussex, RH17 5DP
Headteacher: Dom Kenrick
Tel: 01444 457881 Fax: 01444 417024