Meeting & Events Sales Manager, Guildford
Meeting & Events Sales Manager
Barnett Hill Hotel joined the Alexander Hotels family in September 2016.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Exciting refurbishment and redevelopment plans recently completed have transformed this venue into a beautiful Country House Hotel. The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished and updated with the recent completion of the refurbishment of the Mews building to finish the transformation and increase the number of bedrooms to 54 in total. Our first AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining being awarded, so we are well on the way!
Events cover a range of styles from conferences, corporate events, weddings, private dining, celebration dinners and party nights for the festive period. There are 5 meeting/function rooms along with 4 designated syndicate rooms. Events range from intimate dinners for 2 to corporate or wedding events up to 80 with evening functions with bar service for 120. Please see our guest website for further details of our facilities
Leading a small sales team you are responsible for ensuring the success in both the reactive and proactive selling of Barnett Hill Hotel in all aspects of conference, day meetings, weddings and banqueting.
Reporting to the General Manager and supported by the Group Business Development Manager. Your role will have responsibility for ensuring the Sales Office team have success across the following areas;
- To reactively and proactively sell Barnett Hill Hotel in all aspects of conference and banqueting
- To handle telephone, email and online enquiries for functions including weddings, conferences and private dining
- To carry out showrounds and appointments at the hotel adhering to Mystery Guest Standards
- Completing the necessary administration to ensure the event is successful from a customer service and financial point of view
- To ensure the production of accurately and timely function information ensuring it is effectively communicated to the operational managers
- Achievement of Mystery Guest standards and scores for all sales actions completed by yourself and your team
- Managing a team of 2 to ensure they are successful in all aspects of the sales process
- Recruit, train and performance manage your team
- Review and action all aspects of guest feedback
- Ensure the best financial use of all conference and banqueting space
- To generate new leads and enquiries as well as maintaining existing/return business
- Attend external sales events locally to support the Group Sales team
- Recommend ideas and initiatives to develop sales/revenue for meetings and events business
- Full time role, 32 - 40hrs per week including weekends where sales appointments require.
- Local travel
- Previous hotel sales and events experience within a quality environment
- Proven ability to achieve sales budgets in an events environment
- Smart appearance and friendly telephone manner
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and co-ordinate priorities effectively
£30,000 including guaranteed service payments. £24,000 if 32 hrs contract is preferred.
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday