The role will include the following duties:
- Preparing quotations and tenders to tight deadlines
- Answering the telephone and booking appointments
- Preparing deliveries (checking equipment and marking it up, recording INDs)
- Loading lorries and seeing in deliveries of equipment
- Keeping warehouse and containers orderly
- Sending purchase orders for equipment and sub-contractors
- Arranging warranty calls
- Ordering stationery
- Keeping supplier price lists up-to-date
- Maintaining skip, rubbish and pallet clearance
- Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy
- Any other duties as deemed suitable or necessary
- You will need to be organised and be able to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines.
- You must be computer literate with knowledge of both Word and Excel.
- The candidate will need to be physically fit as there are many manual handling elements to the role.
- A keen interest to learn and continue personal development
GCSE English at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
GCSE maths at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
We are keen to develop you in order that you can grow with the company and ultimately, gain a full-time position with us. We will provide all necessary extra training, as applicable to do this.
Things to consider
We are based on an industrial estate in Hailsham but this has good public transport links if the candidate does not drive.
There may be some rare occasions when the candidate is the only person in the office for some of the day, so you must be confident to handle this if the situation arises.
For information on the minimum wage for apprentices please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates