Job Title: Legal Secretary
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary looking for a new challenge?
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting on behalf of a well established firm based within Guildford for a Legal Secretary to be situated within the Residential Development department.
This company is a leading firm, operating within 8 UK cities as well as an overseas presence. The main purpose of this role will be supporting multiple fee earning members of staff up to Partner level. Ideally the successful candidate will be proactive, confident and organised, be able to arrange diary management and have the ability to work well under pressure towards tight deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Amending documentation
- Diary Management
- Audio Typing (Bighand)
- Typing and Drafting out correspondence
- Arrange and book meetings, travel and accommodation when required
- General Administrative duties; scanning, filing, faxing etc.
- Maintain the database and update when necessary
- Opening, Maintaining and closing files
- Assisting with and drafting bills
Skills & Experience;
- Recent Legal Secretarial experience
- Knowledge and background in Residential Conveyancing is preferred
- Experience in completing AP1 forms, draft SDLT's, applying for OS1s SIMs and searches, chasing solicitors and Local Authority's when required and issuing contract packs, close down of files etc.
- Good typing speed
- Previous experience within an RDU department would be advantageous, not is not essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous Case Management System knowledge ideally
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Well-organised and experienced in diary management
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.