Construction - Project Director / Lead
£65,000 to £85,000 per annum
"Join one of the UK's largest independently owned construction and Infrastructure groups who boast strong order books and a diverse range of projects"
Are you a Project Director or Project lead experienced in managing a team of project managers?
Have you experience in dealing with Public sector clients and stakeholders?
This is a unique opportunity for a well rounded construction professional to direct multiple projects in a diverse range of fields including Housing, Education, Health, Leisure & Retail. You will oversee and manage all facets of the design, construction and handover phases working alongside Clients, Stakeholders and construction professionals.
You will be working as part of collaboration with local East Sussex councils and Local government on a 25 year contract developing long-term solutions to sustainability challenges, and provides the opportunity to do things faster, better and cheaper by integrating services across the public and private sectors.
Reporting into the Head of Technical Services as Project Director / Lead your principle duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Lead and direct a team of Project Managers in the successful delivery of construction projects through the pre-construction project development, construction stage, handover and defects clearance
* Be knowledgeable of key Project management areas such as planning, programming, scope management, risk management, construction management, client management and commercial acumen
* Be the point of escalation for projects in the group/team
* Relationship management of key client's and stakeholders
* Act as the Clients single point of contact and responsibility on all projects
* Ensure all projects are developed and delivered in a manner compliant with the processes contained with partnering project agreements, project assurance approaches and agreed commercial positions taking specific cognisance of the need to achieve agreed KPI's and Continuous Improvement Targets.
* Preparation of management/board reports and attendance at meetings as required
* Oversee the input of the D&B and FM contractors in line with supply chain agreements and agreed project metrics.
* Liaise with the financial and legal specialists and advisers as required to achieve contract / financial close.
* You will have a Technical background for example: Project management, Quantity Surveying or Building surveying with post-qualification experience.
* You will have the Technical ability to carry out due diligence reviews of the projects prior to commencement, assess the risk to business, the client and to ensure satisfactory completion of projects.
* You will have Experience of implementation of change management, design and implement project controls, contract correspondence and close out of contracts
* Experience of development projects across a variety of sectors and exposure to project monitoring and management for small to large, complex schemes
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please contact Tom Lilley at Search or submit your CV and I will be in contact.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.