Working alongside the manager / head chef (who has over 30 years industry experience), you will be involved in the preparation of lunch and dinner. We use seasonal produce and locally sourced ingredients and pride ourselves on making most of our food from scratch.
All our food is freshly cooked to order and for the successful applicant duties will include:
- Preparation, presentation and serving of meals as set out on the menu
- Assisting with making home-made desserts, e.g. cheesecake, sticky toffee pudding
- Assisting with the preparation and cooking of starters and main meals, e.g. home-made soups, scotch eggs, onion bhajis, burgers, chicken Kiev’s, steak and kidney pudding, curry, fish and meat dishes Assisting with making home-made stuffing, pate and sauces, e.g. BBQ, tartare Catering for special diets, e.g. vegetarian, gluten free
- Putting away deliveries of food stocks and other supplies and understanding stock rotation
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene, health and safety in the kitchen areas
- Cleaning of cookers, fridges, freezers and other kitchen equipment
- Some washing-up
- East Sussex College are the Training Provider for this apprenticeship
Full training will be given.
You should have:
- The ability to be adaptable and to work with other kitchen staff
- Good time keeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
You should be:
- Willing to learn
- Reliable Interested in cooking
GCSE English & maths grade C / level 4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) desirable
Potential permanent full-time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
There is a good possibility that the hours of work will increase.