Ottobock is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of prosthetic limbs, orthotic supports and wheelchairs that facilitate independence.
Ottobock UK has been established for over 35 years with a professional and knowledgeable clinical, product manufacturing, sales, service and support team, providing service excellence to our many customers.
Ottobock orthotics devices provide support and improve mobility for people with chronic conditions help prevent injury, and help during recovery from surgery or injury.
Whether you are treating pain, musculoskeletal weakness, recovering from surgery, or need support, the Ottobock portfolio likely offers solutions. From bracing and support to custom orthosis, Ottobock has products for nearly every body part and condition.
- Bench work assembly
- Use of linishing machines and bench drills.
- Riveting and filing
- Laser marking
- Process finishing and polishing
- Cutting and machining raw materials
- CNC machine setting and programme editing
Employer Introduction Video:
Training to be Provided:
The programme requires candidates to work towards a framework of qualifications, as follows:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
• Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Engineering
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Math (Unless exempt via GCSEs)
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English (Unless exempt via GCSEs)
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Math (Unless exempt via GCSEs)
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English (Unless exempt via GCSEs)
• Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Up to 24 Months
Good clear hand writing and communication. Correct and accurate use of measuring tools.
Maths and English GCSE pass grade 4 or higher
Open and friendly personality, good communication with all ages. Reliable and shows a keen interest in engineering.
Opportunity to gain Permanent Position
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.