Sr Manager, Product Development
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
We are seeking a Sr Manager, Product Development, responsible for the development of push payment capabilities that support commercial products and critical business processes. This is a Product Owner role (PO).
Within Global Commercial Services (GCS), our Global Product Management (GPM) team owns and develops capabilities, platforms and digital products for fast growing segments of American Express business, such as corporate cards, B2B and virtual Supplier Payments. We have embarked on a bold agenda to transform our products and services to delight and surprise our commercial clients around the globe.
As PO, you will be a member of the BIP (Buyer Initiated Payments) agile team, responsible for innovative development and ongoing management of our BIP capability. You’ll support ideation and delivery of the next generation of push payment capabilities that enable GCS to be the engine of growth in multiple products, including Buyer Initiated Payments (BIP).
You will be tasked with providing high quality, customer focused results, working as the primary interface between business teams (predominantly Product Management) and IT development areas – in situ and offshore.
- You will be responsible for managing 1-2 scrum teams based in the UK and or India
- Partnering with architect & engineering to drive solution design that can meet the business requirements
- Responsible for feature readiness and defining user stories
- Supporting the PM team in program backlog refinement and prep for PI planning, in addition to playing a significant role in the planning event itself
- Coordination of dependencies with other POs
- Have detailed insight into the product capabilities, processes and system dependencies
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Product development or Product owner or Product management experience
- Ability to translate business/customer needs into functional & process requirements and definition documents
- Experience in payments & banking, including payment network infrastructure, such as SWIFT, SEPA, TARGET2, NACHA, FEDWIRE
- Familiar with financial messaging standards such as ISO & SWIFT and comfortable with associated syntaxes and schemas such as XML and ASN.1
- Comfortable with business payment processes, P2P & ERPs
- Skilled in change management, problem solving, gap and impact analysis
- Experience in process mapping, test case creation & execution
- Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrixed environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility
- Team player, with ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds
- Flexible in approach to product development and Safe Agile principles -with ability to balance following processes with doing what is necessary to get the job done
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time