Practitioner - Barnardo's
To provide advice, support and services to children, young people and their families in accordance with the aims and objectives of the service. (Specifics of Service attached as applicable).
For Service Users Under guidance and instruction:
• To work with children, young people and their families, on a one to one or group basis, using a variety of interventions, to identify needs and to achieve positive outcomes.
• To work in partnership with parents/carers to empower them and to enable them to achieve better outcomes for their children.
• To work co-operatively with children’s services, health agencies and other community based services, to provide the most effective service for children young people and families.
• To contribute to Service development.
• To apply safeguarding and child protection procedures.
• To be responsible for equipment/resources used in day to day work.
• To be responsible for case note recording, contributing to case reports.
For People (Staff, Students, Volunteers)
• No management/supervisory responsibility for staff, students or volunteers other than to help and advise colleagues as necessary. (See Addendum.) For Health and Safety Project Worker 1 Grade: P18B Page 2 of 5 16.03.18
• To promote, monitor and maintain health safety and security in the working environment
This Job Description and Person Specification reflect the duties of the post as they exist at this time and may be subject to change based on the needs of the Department Programme. The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time as required.
Pre-employment checks will be required for the role.
Closing Date: 3 May 2019
Interview Date: 10 May 2019