Visitor Centre Manager - E.ON Climate & Renewables
Are you passionate about renewable energy and tackling climate change?
Our client, E.ON Climate & Renewables is looking for a Visitor Centre Manager for the Rampion Offshore Windfarm. In this role, you will help turn the Centre into the leading information resource for offshore wind in the United Kingdom.
The Centre will command a prime location in Brighton based on the city’s iconic seafront next to the I360 attraction.
E.ON Climate & Renewables are looking for individuals who can give visitors an exceptional experience through their expertise, experience and possession of the following:
- Management within an educational visitor centre attraction
- Excellent communication skills
- Good networker and partnership builder
- Strategic and creative thinker
Rampion Offshore Wind Farm
Rampion Offshore Wind Farm is the first offshore wind farm off the south coast of England.
It has an installed capacity of 400 megawatts (MW) and will generate the equivalent amount of electricity used annually by almost 350,000 British homes, or around half the homes in Sussex.
The Rampion location, in addition to drawing attention from the local community and visitors alike, presents a unique opportunity for the Rampion Visitor Centre (RVC). The RVC will aim to become a leading information resource for offshore wind in the UK, to illustrate the link between climate change, energy security and the Rampion Offshore Wind Farm, to raise awareness about the role offshore wind can play for the benefit of society as a whole, and tell the Rampion story. The RVC is due to open in July 2019.
Overall Purpose of this Post
The RVC Manager is responsible for the management and development of all operational activities in the Visitor Centre, to ensure the delivery of an exceptional visitor experience.
The RVC Manager will need to be passionate about renewable energy and tackling climate change, community engagement, education, marketing and partnership working in order to maximise visitor numbers, enhance the visitor experience and transmit core messages in an enjoyable, emotive and engaging way.
- To take day-to-day operational responsibility for the RVC, including the management of the RVC staff, facilities and the visitor experience.
- To enthusiastically communicate the RVC messages through developing a thorough knowledge of the Visitor Centre, the exhibitions and the stories it tells
- To build partnerships with other local attractions and tourist information centres to create an enhanced Brighton visitor experience while maximising the efficiency of resources.
- To develop relationships with local schools to devise and implement an Education Strategy that meets curriculum objectives, to provide RVC access for local school classes
This is a 4-5 year contract position.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7419 5800 to discuss the role further. TRS Staffing Solutions is a specialist renewable energy recruiter.
TRS Staffing Solutions (TRS) does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. TRS acts as an employment agency and employment business for permanent and temporary workers as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job.