Location: Woodhurst Lodge, Crawley
Salary: £8.65 - £9.15 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
SHC are recruiting for an Activity Co-Ordinator to join our support team at Woodhurst Lodge, Crawley.
Woodhurst Lodge is a 10-bed service who assist and support adults with acquired brain injury and multiple sclerosis.
As an Activity Co-Ordinator, you will be involved and responsible for:
- To organise, run and record activity programme
- To establish links with, and encourage involvement of, the local community in the home
- To work alongside therapists and the Registered Manager
- To determine the needs of those we support, using profiles, biography sheets, or care plans in order to ascertain personal preferences, abilities and potential for activities.
- To maximize the potential skills enthusiasm and commitment of relevant staff and volunteers through direction support and supervision.
- To promote a positive image of the home and service by maintaining a professional approach at all times, in order to develop community awareness of the home and services.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and safe storage of activity equipment and materials and to develop resources for activities within a given budget.
- To participate in system of supervision and appraisal.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Previous experience within a care environment
- Organisation and time management skills
- Be reliable and pro-active
If you are interested in this role, apply today with your CV and a member of the HR team will be in contact. Alternatively, request an application form by emailing
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th April 2019
Please Note: Successful candidate will be required to have a Disclosure + Barring Service Check (DBS)
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!