Night Support Worker - Children & Young Adults
Are you considering a new career? Do you want a role that offers a sense of fulfilment and reward? If you answered yes, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are currently recruiting for Night Support Workers to join our residential night teams. In this role you will be working within a dedicated team of staff and will be responsible for providing personalised support to children and young adults with disabilities in our care.
The Night Support Worker role is hugely varied and challenging and no night is the same as such, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks such as:
- Eating and drinking
- Manual handling
- Personal care
- Powered mobility
Training and support
For all these duties, and more, you will receive first-class induction and ongoing training from qualified professionals, and you will not be expected to carry them out alone until you have been signed-off as competent. This includes supporting you to achieve a level 3 Diploma as a nationally recognised qualification. You will be assigned a ‘buddy’ to guide you on shift, and a mentor will provide regular meetings to make sure that you are confident in your new role; you will also receive support and guidance from your house manager and senior support workers.
What are we looking for?
- Basic knowledge of care
- Literacy & Numeracy skills
- ICT skills
- Communication skills
- Flexibility to work as part of a rota
What we offer
- Hours of work are 33 hours per week (3 Nights) or 22 hours per week (2 Nights)
- Opportunity to work towards a qualification in Health and Social care
- Chailey Heritage Group Pension
- Competitive annual leave entitlements
- Appreciation Awards
- Onsite Parking, Café, Gym and Yoga Facilities
- Competitive rates of pay starting from £9.92 per hour rising to £11.26 per hour following successful completion of training, induction and probation
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.