As an Electrical Maintenance Apprentice you will work across a variety of functional groups that are directly involved in engineering, product development and implementation within manufacturing. Learning the basics of electrical theory, cabling and fault finding through lectures and on the job training.
You will be responsible, with direction and support from the team, learning essential skills of maintenance and relevant installation techniques within the factory.
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of electrical and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff Inspect installations and observe operations to ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
- Support production with product development and testing
- Keep current with the latest technical innovations in electrical engineering
- Undertake a structured training program of academic study and workshop, shop floor work in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the business
- An understanding of the end to end manufacturing processes
- Learning about food safety, quality and Health, Safety and Environmental needs and developing core knowledge
- Demonstrate skills and processes as the training period progresses
- Learn how to maintain workshop, manufacturing equipment and to keep it in good repair
- Maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and skills learned.
- Enthusiasm and keenness to learn
- Interest in basic electrical systems (home electrical, changing sockets/light fittings, vehicle electrical systems, charging devices and battery systems).
- A passion for hands on work Natural people skills to work in a team
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety
- Self motivated
- A passion for hands on work
- Natural people skills to work in a team
- Willing to learn
Good GCSE or equivalent results (A-C or 5 and above) are desirable.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full time position could be possible.
Things to consider
The job requires working in a food manufacturing environment, therefore appropriate PPE and housekeeping is essential.
The role is physically demanding where you may be required to stand for periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis and carry out repetitive tasks when required. The ability to work in an external environment and work at height is essential.