Early Years Childcare Apprenticeship (Level 3) - Nursery Practitioner Young Sussex Day Nursery
Working at Young Sussex Day Nursery, your duties and responsibilities will include;
- To follow Young Sussex’s policy and procedures on child protection.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds, stages of development and those with special educational needs
- To carry out duties with regard to the nursery’s equality and special needs policies and procedures.
- Maintain and participate in the highest level of children’s hygiene and cleanliness in sleeping, nappy changing and food preparation throughout the nursery.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- Attend staff training sessions necessary for continuing professional development, and staff meetings outside working hours.
- To communicate and work cooperatively with your team.
- To maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- Take shared responsibility for standards of health & safety, hygiene, security, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the nursery setting.
- Assist with the experiences planned by the staff team for the children including the setting up and clearing away of equipment and materials e.g. mixing paints, washing pots and brushes, cleaning tables and clearing floors.
- Assist with food preparation and clean up afterwards.
- Take shared responsibility for the care of toys and resources, ensuring they are stored appropriately (particularly ensuring pieces of puzzles and games are not mislaid)
- Report low stock levels of consumables.
- To ensure that the nursery follows guidelines for Health and Safety for staff, students and children.
- Implement policies and procedures of the nursery to ensure the welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework are met.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times, maintaining a smart and tidy appearance, within and outside the nursery.
- Never to act in a manner which might prejudice the good reputation of Young Sussex, and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To behave in a helpful, positive and willing manner during the working day, acting as a positive role model to all, including children, staff and parents.
- Any other duties as required by Young Sussex
- Have a genuine interest in supporting children's learning and development
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communicator
- Neat and presentable
- Professional attitude