Reception Volunteers (Bank)
Chestnut Tree House is a charity providing hospice care services and community support for children and young people with progressive life-shortening conditions throughout East and West Sussex.
Our Reception is the first point of contact for all our visitors and telephone calls and we need friendly faces that can remain calm and collected at all times.
What the role will involve:
- Greeting visitors to the hospice, such as patients’ relatives, supporters and business visitors
- Ensuring the log book of visitors is filled in
- Answering the phone and passing on calls and messages to relevant people in the hospice
- Distributing and collecting post from around the hospice
- Using the franking machine for outgoing post
- Keeping the reception area tidy and information sources stocked
- Undertaking administration duties to help out our teams when quiet
- Approval by the Disclosure and Barring Service (check carried out by hospice)
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Any personal grief resolved
This vacancy is for ad-hoc volunteers, to help fill gaps in the rota due to holidays and absences. Sessions are as follows; 08:45-11:45, 11:30-14:30 or 14:00-17:00
Please get in touch if you can help!