St John’s School and College
20 hours per week; Term Time Only (1pm – 5pm / Monday to Friday)
St. John’s Grade 6 - £14, 724, subject to pro rata
Pro rata actual salary £7362
St John’s is a specialist school and college offering high quality education and care for young people aged 7-25 with a wide range of special educational needs. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is positive about learning disabilities to join our team.
- Responsible for the cooking, cooling and safe storage of all food item made.
- Be responsible for cooking hot and cold meals for 220 meals per day.
- Maintain and adhere to food safety management systems as set out in the Safer Food, Better Business manual.
- Cleaning the café after the learners and staff have finished lunch.
- Ensure the smooth running of the kitchen and café, to include setting up and closing down.
- Washing up and cleaning duties in the kitchen and café and to follow the cleaning schedule and all COSHH regulations with regard to cleaning materials.
- To support learners to carry out all jobs relating to the café and kitchen, safely and efficiently following the risk assessment
You will ideally have worked in a similar environment in a similar role. Organisation, attention to detail and good communication skills are a must, as well as a passion and drive to succeed in this role
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment policy.
Regrettably, we will only accept applications on our company application form which can be completed on our company website.