Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Who are we?
Business Travel Account is a global, market-leading centralised billing product, which is a key differentiator for American Express for our corporate clients, including some of the world’s most profitable and influential companies. You will join our emerging set of scrum teams building new capabilities to bolster the already market-leading offering.
We value ideas, opinions and great communicators. We're proud that a culture of respect and teamwork exists among colleagues.
Existing team of 25 technical staff. Small, co-located Agile teams of 7-8 people each including Engineers, Scrum Masters, Quality Engineers plus Product Owners. We operate in a Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe).
Most team members arrive in the office between 8.30-10am, when we hold our stand-ups. We use tools such as Slack, Confluence, JIRA, and BitBucket to collaborate. We enjoy the luxury of avoiding a long commute to London and place an emphasis on technically interesting work. We have an outstanding work/life balance.
We are beginning our journey of transforming the technical landscape in our teams to use a microservice architecture and are looking to bolster our technical talent by acquiring full-stack developers, using technologies such as Java, Spring, and React.
As a developer, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of your software from inception to production, working on a mixture of green- and brown-field projects, learning from and contributing to your peer group.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Junior experience as a Java programmer.
- Good knowledge of core Java (up to 1.8), including Spring, JUnit, (including Mockito & Hamcrest), TDD, JQuery, AngularJS and Angular 6, React, Oracle DB SQL, Cucumber. Mainframe experience a plus. Agile experience a plus.
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time