An exciting opportunity for DevOps has arisen in Brighton. My client, a leading one in the Brighton Tech scene, are looking for a number of talented, personable, and ambitious individuals to join their thriving team. This is Development work that genuinely will make a difference to people's lives.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity, where culture, modern technologies, and work place happiness are at the forefront of the clients mind. This is an exciting green-field opportunity to play a key role in building a ground-breaking product that will deliver significant social benefit, using the very latest technologies. You will be amongst the first members of a new fast-growing team, working in a start-up environment.
As a DevOps Engineer what will you do here?
You will work within our platform team & report to the Head of IT, you will help build and optimise the Private OpenStack Cloud.
Currently working on several exciting projects, including:
* Developing CI & CD pipelines, making sure everything is secured and monitored
* Dockerisation of all services, on development, staging and live servers
* Creation of hybrid stack in AWS
* Improving the micro-service benchmarking and capacity tracking
Be responsible for the direction & decision making of the infrastructure & the technologies, including stability, scalability and the performance of our products as well as offering you exciting figures whilst providing you with fun challenges as a DevOps Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensure the systems are working as efficiently as possible & provide thought leadership on tools that could be used to improve and streamline processes
* Managing & provide training and support for development tools, systems & deployment processes
* Take responsibility for the reliability, efficiency and performance of services
* Reviewing and influencing the architecture, standards & methods for operating services and systems
* Participating in platform performance analysis, software optimisation and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
* Developing effective professional relationships and working alongside our hosting partner to ensure the high level of service is maintained and business needs are met
* Thinking strategically around set up, operations and delivering on our key KPI's as defined by management
* Participating in out-of-hour support alongside our hosting partner as required
* Responsibility for IT Support which includes technical support for internal IT infrastructure and ensuring that internal network, telephony, desktop and servers are running efficiently at all times
What you need to have:
* Strong experience working with Linux (Ubuntu)
* Experience working with automation and CI tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins and/or Buildkite
* A Good understanding of networking and systems architecture
* Experience working with Cloud Platforms (Private OpenStack cluster & other services in AWS)
* Advocate of the DevOps process and its benefits
* Self-motivated, driven and goal oriented with a high tempo customer orientated work ethic
* Ability to embrace and adapt to change
* Social confidence with the ability to connect and understand different types of people
* Good communication skills (written and oral)
* Experience with Docker and container orchestration (we use Kubernetes)
* The ability to work under pressure and is calm and professional
* Language experience with PHP and Python (desirable not essential)
* IT Related degree or equivalent (desirable not essential)
How to apply:
If you have the required skills for the role as detailed above then please apply via the link on this page. If you have any questions please contact Chris Barnes on email@example.com or 01273 855019.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.