Business Administration Apprentice
Responsible to: Senior Administrator.
Develop the knowledge, skills and attributes to provide assistance in specified service areas to enable efficiency and effectiveness:
- IT and customer service support
- Customer Service and Appointment/visitor co-ordination
- Finance Office
Actively engage in the structured learning programme and undertake sufficient study to achieve the level 2 in Business Administration Apprenticeship within the set timeframe.
Administration: general office duties to include:
- Word processing/typing/mail merging
- Printing/copying Filing/maintenance of records Bulk mailing: e.g. creating address labels/ sorting and stuffing envelopes
- Maintenance of systems: e.g. stationery supplies
IT and customer service support:
- Database record checking/inputting/retrieving
- Email management - checking/forwarding/responding
- Answering the telephone/responding to general enquiries
- Taking accurate messages/forwarding appropriately
- Be a part of the team providing office cover
Appointment/visitor co-ordination as directed:
- Co-ordinate appointments and receive and manage visitors on first arrival
- Checking and processing deliveries
- Checking invoices against delivery notes and orders
- General Finance data entry
- Checking statements
- Plus other general Finance duties
Actively engage in all aspects of personal development including accepting feedback.
To undertake other duties as directed from time to time consistent with the responsibilities and grading of the post.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft office or equivalent) - word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, databases
- Reasonable level of general admin skill: general office skills, telephone answering skills, IT skills.
- Good communications skills - verbal and written
- Experience of working with customers or volunteering or working in a team
- Demonstrate an ability to develop knowledge of the role and the requirements needed to be effective
Demonstrate commitment to develop skills in :
- General admin
- Variety of IT Literacy, numeracy and personal language - verbal and written
- Customer service
- Able to take accurate notes of calls
- Have a “Can do” attitude
- Ability to self-organise
- Team Player Good attendance record at school/FE.
- Flexibility To be totally reliable with excellent time management skills
- Once entrusted with a task, to efficiently use time to ensure that it is completed on time
- Able to accept and act on appropriate feedback
Candidates are required to have good computer literacy skills GCSEs in English and maths, Grade 4 - 9 (A - C) are desirable.
Progression to a higher level Apprenticeship and securing a future career in an office environment.