Apprentice Vehicle Technician - £160 pw - Crawley
A great opportunity to undertake a Level 2 apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle with a Mercedes Benz dealership in Crawley.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Service and repairs of vehicles under guidance of our senior technician Ensuring the workshop is clean and tidy and health and safety is adhered too.
- Job cards documented and written up in full
- Correct use of tools and equipment
- High level attention to detail
Training to be Provided:
The Apprenticeship programme enables candidates to work towards a framework of qualifications, as follows:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair competence
• Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair knowledge
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Good communication skills
Grade C/4+ in Maths and English or equivalent desirable, but not essential
A keen interest in motor vehicles, friendly, polite, reliable, presentable, confident and conscientious
A full time position or progression onto a higher level once successfully completed
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Employment subject to two references