Adult Care Working Apprenticeship
The role we are seeking to fill would suite someone with no practical experience in care who would like to make that step into the care industry, under a supportive and educational umbrella.
- The successful person would work alongside our experienced care team, providing personal and continence care, social and occupational engagement and supporting individuals in ensuring all their needs are met.
- The successful applicant will be assigned a placement mentor who will continue to support you with a full induction and ongoing support and training in developing the individuals to be the best possible members of the care team that they can be.
- The role includes working in partnership with vulnerable residents and relatives throughout their life journey, monitoring their well being and when the time comes, supporting them with a dignified and person focussed death.
- Within the role, you will be expected to be committed and able to complete an apprenticeship level 2.
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn and work towards the level 2 Apprenticeship
- The ability to deal with stressful situations with ease
- Good team player
Values and beliefs that every individual deserves the best life that they can possibly supported to achieve, regardless of any limitations that they may have.
A wish to work with older people A drive to want to make a difference Someone who is compassionate and empathetic to others
Good GCSE results (A-C or equivalent) are desirable.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full time position could be possible
Things to consider
Shifts run from 8am to 8 pm (half hour unpaid lunch and 2 x paid 15min breaks)
We operate on a working pattern of 3 days one week and four the next, working alternate weekends
£5.50ph weekday, £6ph weekends.
Review after 6mths and then yearly as to whether the post is substantiated to carer position at a rate of £8.35ph weekdays and £8.85ph weekends
You will be working with older persons who require full personal care, including showering, washing and dressing.
You will be supporting people with continence issues.
You will be supporting some people who are dying.
You will be exposed to some people who are distressed or upset.