Business Development/Account Manager
The Language Guru is a language training provider, based in Brighton & Hove, who delivers exceptional language tuition to both corporate clients and private individuals. Over the years we have gone from strength to strength and due to continued successes are now seeking a Business Development/Account Manager. The account manager is a key role in our next stage of growth and as such we would welcome applications from ambitious, experienced professionals who would be keen to join our team.
• To build, develop and maintain strong relationships across a portfolio of new and existing clients for both Corporate and private individuals
• Identify and develop business opportunities with new and existing clients
• Creation of client needs analysis and proposal documents to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions in line with client objectives
• Keep meticulous records of client interactions ensuring information is current and correct
• Collate and present monthly / quarterly sales updates and forecast reports
• Meet and exceed sales targets
• Planning and scheduling all aspects for delivery of language training. From requirements gathering to clearly communicating client objectives to language trainers, ensuring teacher availability, reviewing course plans to ensure client objectives will be meet, progress tracking
• Provide input into upcoming campaigns, market research, social media content and other activities
• Occasional travel may be required for this role.
Essential Qualities and Skills
• Confident, energetic and professional; having excellent communication and people skills
• Customer focused; a desire to exceed customer expectations
• Exceptional listening skills with ability to understand and communicate a client’s requirement
• Superb negotiating and influencing skills with a polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
• Ambitious and target oriented, ability to close the deal, thrives in a result driven environment
• Planning, problem solving and decision making
• Must be flexible and able to work with changing priorities and tight deadlines, remain calm under pressure
• Takes ownership and accountability, sees things through to conclusion
• Impeccable attention to detail, organisation skills and ability to multitask
• A sense of humour is also essential for this role ☺
• Proven minimum 2 years account management experience as a Business Development/Account Manager or relevant experience ideally for a company who provide business language training courses although experience in other sectors will be considered.
• Must have delivered client-focused solutions based on customer needs
• Familiar with client objection handling, sales conversion targets and progress reporting
• Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM)
• Proficient user of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Web literate
• Excellent written and spoken English (minimum C2 Level for non-native speakers)
The following are not essential but considered highly advantageous
• Knowledge of 1 or more foreign language (level A2 and above)
• Experience of learning a language through a company or private tuition
• Previously worked at a company who delivered business language training course to corporate clients
• Driving licence
If you would like to apply for this exciting new position, and have the relevant experience, please contact us at the below email address. Please include an introductory paragraph explaining why you believe that you are suitable for the role.
Any applications received without an introductory paragraph will unfortunately be disregarded. We will look to get back to you within 3 days of submitting your CV.
Location: Brighton, UK
Salary: £11 / £15 per hour (depending on experience) – 20k/27k per annum FTE
Contact: Carole Jacquet
Reference: TLGACCMAN Posted
Date: 25th April 2019
Please note that you must have the right to work in UK to be considered for this position.