Product Development Assistant
Product Development Assistant
Contract type Permanent Full Time
Hastings Direct, Product Development Assistant Underwriting
Great opportunity for a technically minded, Excel guru who has either a background working in a technical/analytical role or, has a natural flair for all things techy and wants to carve out a career that will utilise and enhance their skills.
This role supports our software product Polaris, which underwrites our insurance products. You will have regular product updates to manage, test and implement, therefore a high level of accuracy in your work is an absolute must. You will also have support to stretch your knowledge to understand Radar modelling and in time, your remit can progress to include product writing. This is a great development opportunity for someone who embraces learning, is self-motivated and would thrive in a fast paced growing business.
Your remit will include the following;
· Developing and maintaining Radar models (Car, Van, Bike and Home)
· Testing developed products to ensure quality of work
· Performing post-sale validation
· Providing technical support to the underwriting department across a range of tasks including statistical and analytical reports
Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues. The Group comprises two trading entities; Hastings Insurance Services Limited (trading as “Hastings Direct”), a UK retail intermediary, and Advantage Insurance Company Limited, a Gibraltar based insurance underwriter.
- Good knowledge of SQL, MS Excel, with use of VBA, Pivot Tables, VLook ups etc.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to approach tasks & problems in a logical manner
- Excellent numerical skills with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate capabilities to develop further Software skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, from technical staff through to board members and similar external contacts
- Experience in VB, C#, C++, Java, Python or similar programming languages (Desirable)
- Knowledge of UK personal lines market
- Knowledge of programming languages/techniques from University computer based course or previous programming experience (Desirable)
As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must.
· Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
· This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting.
· Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
· Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
· Flexible working opportunities
· Study support time
· Up to 5% bonus earning potential
· 25 days holiday
· Life assurance
· Competitive pension
· Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
· Discounted Hastings Direct products
· A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
· Initial training & support for further development to grow your capabilities
· Structured career path that rewards achievements and solid performance
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.