Motor Engineering Manager
Motor Engineering Manager
Contract type Permanent Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Claims department for an Engineering Manager. We are looking for a leader to join us who has a strong background in insurance repair or motor engineering. This role can be based in either our Bexhill or Leicester office; regular travel will be required between the two sites.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the engineering team is delivering and exceeding, with regards to vehicle indemnity spend and control through the technical management and audit of the repair networks utilised during the claims processes as well as the technical settlement of ‘total loss’ claims utilising the in-house engineer team, digital applications and supply chain.
Your remit will include the following:
- Ownership of engineering processes
- Responsible for ‘technical’ audit activity required and managing the repairer networks
- Identification and implementation of remedial actions (where required) associated with the activities undertaken by repairer networks to ensure delivery against business goals / requirements
- Management and oversight of independent engineering use across insurer services – delivering targeted benefits
- Resolution of all vehicle valuations and settlement – ownership of valuation processes
- Ensuring that underwriting teams are regularly updated in respect of repair & settlement cost trends.
- Constant review, scrutiny and testing of technological applications that will support the business digital strategy
- Ownership of the engineering panel suppliers
- Ensuring that claims system (Guidewire) design delivers required outcomes (e.g. assignment to repair, mobile repair, total loss providers).
- Ensuring customer queries are resolved without onward referral, with a first time customer resolution rate of 80% +
- Find opportunities to streamline our processes to deliver ‘straight through processing’ removing call failure demand, minimising customer effort and maximising customer Net Promoter Scores.
- Colleague engagement across the claims operation
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Technical claims experience, specifically in engineering and repairer management
- Active and passionate approach to inspiring change
- Inquisitive, curious nature with ability to critically evaluate information
- A hardworking, positive attitude and good interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Confidence to express opinions / challenge
- An understanding of the insurance market value chain
- Educated to degree level preferred
- Membership of (or working towards) the IAEA
- Technical qualification(s) related to Engineering / BodyShop
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and proven performance
Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues. The Group comprises two trading entities; Hastings Insurance Services Limited (trading as “Hastings Direct”), a UK retail intermediary, and Advantage Insurance Company Limited, a Gibraltar based insurance underwriter.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.