Gym Coach/Personal Trainer
East Grinstead Sports Club Limited (the Charity), is a not for profit charity established to provide sporting facilities for the community of East Grinstead and the surrounding area.
The Charity owns a multi-sport, fitness and social facility (‘EGSC’), which is the home to over twenty sports clubs and organisations, and is used by locals and visitors of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Several of the sports clubs based at EGSC have developed successfully teams competing up to national level with some individuals playing their sport at international level and in the case of hockey, achieving Olympic success. Through these successes, the Sports Clubs and Charity have developed linked to national sporting bodies, and have been involved in national and international events.
The success at elite level is in parallel with a family oriented sports participation and development ethos which allows and encourages youngsters and adults of all abilities to develop and enjoy their sports to their own personal level of abilities. The sports clubs have about 1,000 youngsters playing their sports at EGSC with a similar number of adult sports club members.
During employed hours to undertake all functions involved in the daily operation of the Gym. This includes providing supervision of the gym floor to meet the needs of the gym members, undertake inductions, write customer gym programmes and deliver Gym Floor classes. Additionally, you will be required to actively promote and deliver Personal Training sessions.
As a Gym Coach you will be required to deliver the highest quality service throughout the Club by inspiring and motivating existing and potential members, to promote retention and provide guidance as well as support to ensure our members achieve their goals.
To actively provide information to promote East Grinstead Sports Club to the public at all times and to respond positively to customer enquiries.
- To motivate and support members in order to increase retention and help members to achieve their goals;
- To carry out member journey appointments and design personalised gym programmes for members;
- To encourage and book regular progress review appointments to help members achieve their goals and stay positive;
- Provide advice and guidance to customers to ensure they use equipment safely and adopt the correct exercise technique;
- To promote and deliver Personal Training sessions;
- To actively participate in the membership sales process by making customers aware of the benefits of membership and group exercise participation;
- To meet agreed performance management targets set by the Centre Management Team;
- To assist the Operations Management Team in organising special events, programme development and promotions when required;
- To ensure that the gym is maintained in a clean, safe, hygienic and tidy condition during your hours of supervision. Following & adhering to site checklists;
- To carry out appropriate maintenance checks to fitness equipment when required;
- To deliver Gym floor classes as per class timetable;
- To wear the uniform provided by the centre and adopt a high level of presentation at all times;
As well as your employed hours at East Grinstead Sports Club you will have a fantastic opportunity to launch and grow your successful Personal Training career. This has uncapped earning potential and along with our Member journey programme and Gym floor class timetable you can guarantee a high level of member engagement and client conversion opportunities.
- Uncapped earning potential;
- Professional 1- 1 business support;
- Outstanding facilities;
- Support provided in achieving your fitness industry goals;
- Be part of a valued team;
25 hours/week including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
The promotion of external/personal classes by a member of staff is discouraged at all times. The promotion of such classes may result in disciplinary action.
I agree to accept this Job Description.